Throughout our working life we usually change jobs until the final one arrives, which we will keep until retirement. If you want to leave your current job you will need a letter of voluntary resignation, which must have a certain structure, and in which you will state your reason / os for quitting your work activity. Next we will show you the aspects to take into account when it comes to write a job resignation letter:
• The voluntary resignation letter should always be addressed to the company as the objective is to make known our intention to end the professional relationship so far.
• The letter must be ratified by a notary public, a labor inspection inspector, a municipal secretary, a staff delegate or the president of the company's union.
• A reasonable period of time must be given before leaving the job for good. If not, the company could take measures such as deducting days from pay. The reason for this letter must be delivered in advance, it is essential that the company has the necessary time to locate another employee to replace you, which does not usually happen overnight.
• The recipient of the letter It must be the person or the department in charge of this type of procedure, usually the Human Resources Department.
Once this is clarified, let's focus on the structure that the voluntary resignation letter should have. The following information should be in the upper left:
Name of the company
Attention: HR (or relevant department)
- In the first paragraph, the reason for the resignation of employment and the date from which the job will be definitively left is disclosed.
- In the second paragraph it is recommended to thank the company for the opportunity offered. Offering to teach the person who is going to replace us can be a good way to look good, as well as indicate that we regret not being able to continue the professional relationship, thus leaving the doors open for a possible return in the future.
- In the final part of the letter, you can thank the company for the last time for having counted on us, and then say goodbye in a cordial way, including your full name and your signature, and the position held to date.
Be the first to comment