Philosophy is one of the disciplines that has fewer students in the university, however, there are still vocational students who choose this career as their first option. There are ten good ones reasons to study Philosophy:
1. You will know yourself better and you will undertake one of the most fascinating journeys of your life: that of self-knowledge.
2. You will understand the great value of mentoring thanks to the clear example of Plato who was the great teacher of Aristotle.
3. You will leave your intellectual comfort zone to integrate in your model of the world new systems of thought proposed by the different authors. Philosophy teaches us that there are many different ways of interpreting reality.
4. You will discover some of the universal truths that can guide your existence: "I only know that I know nothing."
5. You will develop a great critical sense until you find your own voice as a philosopher.
6. Philosophy is the essence of all things. As a student you will be able to get closer to plots of reality as different as language, being, politics, society, science ...
7. Philosophy is the basis of ethics. And being an ethical person is a moral obligation on a personal and professional level.
8. You will delve into concepts that are not talked about as much as would be necessary in the media today, one of them is virtue ethics.
9. You will enjoy passionate discussions generated throughout the classes that become a context for the discovery of the truth.
10. There is less job offer in this sector than in others. But you will also have less professional competence as a philosopher to qualify for such jobs.
Be the first to comment